By H. Stuart Hughes
By H. Stuart Hughes
By Johanna Gibson
By Michael C. Donaldson,Lisa A. Callif
From the preliminary acquisition of fabric throughout the rights matters that come up in the course of preproduction, construction, postproduction, and liberate, this legalese-free guide—now commonly revised, up-to-date, and expanded—will assist you provide yourself with protection and your paintings from disastrous criminal activities.
Among this edition’s new beneficial properties are hyperlinks to twenty-five downloadable contracts and 50 illustrative movie clips.
Michael C. Donaldson is a Los Angeles-based, leisure legal professional with greater than forty five years of expertise in copyright and leisure concerns. He has been referred to as the Obi-Wan Kenobi of reasonable Use by way of the yankee Bar organization magazine.
Lisa A. Callif used to be named by way of The day-by-day magazine as one of many best a hundred girls legal professionals in California (2014). Her fundamental concentration is on representing self reliant filmmakers.
By Susan Brenner
In legislations in an period of "Smart" Technology, Susan Brenner analyzes the advanced and evolving interactions among legislations and know-how and offers an intensive and targeted account of the legislation in expertise in the beginning of the twenty first century. Brenner attracts upon contemporary technological advances, comparing how constructing applied sciences might modify how people have interaction with one another and with their atmosphere. She analyzes the improvement of know-how as transferring from one in every of "use" to 1 of "interaction," and argues that this interchange wishes us to reconceptualize our method of criminal principles, which have been initially designed to avoid the "misuse" of older technologies.
As applied sciences proceed to boost over the following numerous a long time, Brenner argues that the legislation directed among human and technological relationships may still stay impartial. She explains how older applied sciences depend upon human implementation, yet new "smart" expertise can be thoroughly automatic. this can ultimately bring about, as she explains, the last word development in our courting with expertise: the fusion of human body structure and expertise. legislation in an period of "Smart" know-how offers an in depth, historically-grounded rationalization as to why our conventional dating with expertise is evolving and why a corresponding shift within the legislation is drawing close and necessary.
By Vivien Irish
By Annabelle Lever
By Damien Geradin,Anne Layne-Farrar,Nicolas Petit
Competition legislation books are likely to have both simply cursory assurance of economics, have separate sections on economics, or certainly are a ways too technical within the point of financial realizing they think. making sure a surely built-in method of felony and monetary research, this significant new paintings is written through a staff combining the generally recognized services of 2 pageant legislations practitioners and a famous financial advisor. The ebook includes fiscal reasoning all through in obtainable form,
and, extra pertinently for practitioners, examines economics within the gentle of ways it's used and placed to impact within the courts and decision-making associations of the ecu. A common introductory part units ecu festival legislations in its ancient context. the second one bankruptcy is going directly to discover the economics
foundations of european festival legislation. What follows then is an built-in therapy of every of the middle sizeable parts of ecu pageant legislation, together with Article one hundred and one TFEU, Article 102 TFEU, mergers, cartels and different horizontal agreements and vertical restraints.
By Shivnath Tripathi
By Keith E. Maskus,Jerome H. Reichman
By Michael E. Jones,Walter Toomey,M. Nancy Aiken,Michelle Bazin
This introductory textual content explores the origins, assets, functionality, and values of the interesting global of highbrow estate (IP). themes lined comprise copyright, trademark, patent, alternate mystery, domains, and geographical indication, with fundamental cognizance given to IP legislation within the usa and considerable insurance of key overseas legislation. The heritage, improvement, and glossy language is gifted in an easy-to-absorb modular structure. This ebook is designed as a textual content for lecture room use.
Text results: Paralegal and criminal reviews scholars utilizing this article could be capable to:
1. determine and describe the elemental forms of protectable IP rights within the United States;
2. Differentiate among the several varieties of IP and the explicit universal legislations and statutory rights secured below either usa and, to a extra constrained measure, international law;
3. determine the boundaries of IP rights via period and statutory interpretation of language just like the “fair use” doctrine for copyrights, and constitutional limitations lower than the 1st Amendment;
4. comprehend the elemental study approach used to find or find current protectable curiosity in IP within the United States;
5. comprehend the fundamental software techniques utilized in the us to sign up particular types of IP to be able to receive better safety, and be accustomed to the scope of that larger protection;
6. exhibit a easy familiarity with a few universal executive web content and on-line study instruments utilized in IP criminal practice;
7. Articulate reasons of motion to guard IP rights, and comprehend the typical defenses to claims of infringement or unfair competition;
8. comprehend a number of the treatments to be had to handle IP infringement or unfair festival within the usa, together with civil and felony lawsuits and fiscal and non-monetary remedies;
9. speak about the general public coverage and societal worth concerns in the back of glossy IP rights and their limits.