By John Horton,Helder Vasconcelos,Raul Portales
Develop your personal responsive, reactive, and ready-to-deploy Android applications
About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming occupation or simply rejoice publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs on hand at the Android SDK
- Learn the internals of a online game engine through development one
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an iOS developer or the other developer/programmer and also you are looking to test your palms on constructing functions at the Android platform, this path is for you. No earlier programming event is required as this direction will consultant you correct from the start to the complex options of Android programming.
What you are going to Learn
- Mastering the basics of coding Java for Android
- Installing and establishing your Android improvement environment
- Building practical consumer interfaces with the Android Studio visible designer
- Adding consumer interplay, info captures, sound, and animation for your apps
- Managing your apps' facts utilizing the integrated Android SQLite database
- Getting conversant in the android approach version and low-level concurrent constructs introduced by way of the Android SDK
- Interacting with close by units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Creating and composing initiatives with RxJava to execute advanced asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Handling consumer inputs, from digital joysticks to gamepads
- Implementing collision detection utilizing diverse strategies and become aware of tips on how to optimize it for complicated games
- Building, deploying, and publishing actual Android functions to the Google Play marketplace
Android is the most well-liked OS on the planet. there are literally thousands of units getting access to tens of hundreds of thousands of functions. it's many people's access aspect into the realm of know-how. The Android: Programming for builders direction will take you on a trip to develop into a good Android programmer via completely figuring out the main techniques of Android programming and strengthen market-ready applications.
The path starts with supporting you create Android purposes from scratch. the 1st module, Android Programming for newcomers, introduces you to the entire primary techniques of programming in an Android context, from the Java fundamentals to operating with the Android API. on the of entirety of this module, you can be able to begin development your personal customized purposes in Android and Java.
After getting conversant in the fundamental programming ideas, the second one module, Asynchronous Android Programming, indicates you ways to make your purposes extra trustworthy. it will be completed utilizing high-level and complicated asynchronous strategies and ideas. via this module, you are going to learn how to build scalable and performant functions to exploit multi-thread asynchronous techniques.
With a very good snatch at the fundamentals, you progress at the ultimate module, getting to know Android online game improvement. This revolutionary module may also help you learn how to use animations and particle platforms to supply a wealthy event. through the tip of the path, you'll create attractive, responsive, and reusable UIs by means of making the most of the Android SDK.
Style and approach
The entire direction will run you thru the fundamental recommendations for beginners, stream directly to the UI layout, train you video game improvement on Android, and eventually make you knowledgeable in software improvement on Android. every one of those elements has been lined in person modules that can assist you increase your talents after the of completion of a module and prepare for the next.
Read or Download Android: Programming for Developers PDF
Best computer games programming books
Stanford mathematician and NPR Math man Keith Devlin explains why, enjoyable apart, games are the precise medium to educate middle-school math. Aimed basically at lecturers and schooling researchers, but additionally of curiosity to video game builders who are looking to produce videogames for arithmetic schooling, arithmetic schooling for a brand new period: games as a Medium for studying describes precisely what's excited by designing and generating profitable math academic videogames that foster the cutting edge mathematical considering abilities precious for achievement in a world financial system.
Layout and Implementation of 3D portraits platforms covers the computational elements of geometric modeling and rendering 3D scenes. targeted emphasis is given to the architectural facets of interactive snap shots, geometric modeling, rendering recommendations, the snap shots pipeline, and the structure of 3D portraits structures.
Cinematography for video games covers the distance among the sport and picture industries via declaring the main proper cinematic thoughts in ultra-modern most well-liked video games, and together with interviews with the sport industry's maximum luminaries (including Will Wright: Sims legend, Harvey Smith, mythical video game Deus Ex, Warren Spector writer of 1 of the unique online game businesses, Origin).
Leverage the ability of Lua programming to create video game AI that makes a speciality of movement, animation, and tacticsAbout This BookFocus on programming video game AI instead of dealing with low-level source managementBind Lua to construct a script-based video game AI utilizing a C++ backend that gives hooks for portraits, physics, and source handlingA tutorial-based technique the place AI functionalities are layered piece by way of piece to create totally useful AIWho This ebook Is ForIf you're a video game developer or a normal programmer who needs to target programming platforms and methods to construct your online game AI with out developing low-level interfaces in a online game engine, then this ebook is for you.
- Chris Crawford on Interactive Storytelling (New Riders Games)
- Android 3.0 Animations: Beginner’s Guide
- Unreal Engine 4.X By Example
- Game Programming Algorithms and Techniques: A Platform-Agnostic Approach (Game Design)
- Photoshop for Games: Creating Art for Console, Mobile, and Social Games
- An Introduction to Ray Tracing (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
Extra info for Android: Programming for Developers